Sebastian Rogers updates: Search by United Cajun Navy called off after receiving death threats

Missing Sebastian Rogers’ father speaks as search reaches one month mark

A non-profit organisation helping in the search for Sebastian Rogers in Tennessee called off its search on Friday over safety concerns.

Members of the United Cajun Navy reportedly received death threats online and in person, with the group announcing it was regrouping.

Meanwhile, the 15-year-old’s parents met with law enforcement on Thursday, as the search for him nears five weeks.

The 15-year-old’s father said he could not discuss with reporters what the meeting was about, but insisted that he still has hope that his son is out there somewhere.

“I don’t know if he’s been abducted or if he’s just over at a friend’s house, but I’ll know when I find him exactly what has happened to him,” Seth Rogers told Fox 17.

Authorities revealed on Tuesday that at least 10,000 miles had been logged by those searching for the autistic teenager, with an Amber Alert still in effect.

He vanished overnight on 25 February, with his mother Katie Proudfoot finding his bed empty the next morning.

So far there has been no sign of him.

1711733440

Search called off due to ‘death threats’: Report

Dan Gooding29 March 2024 17:30

1711731040

Searches called off due to ‘security concerns’

A group organising searches for Sebastian says it has called off an event today.

The United Cajun Navy cited “increasing security concerns” as the reason for suspending its activities on Friday.

“This decision was not taken lightly is made with the safety of all volunteers in mind,” the group said in a Facebook post. “We want to thank all the volunteers that planned to be out searching today.”

Dan Gooding29 March 2024 16:50

1711728520

Sebastian’s parents have met with law enforcement

As the search rumbles on, Sebastian’s father Seth Rogers, mother Katie Proudfoot and stepfather Chris Proudfoot all met with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on Thursday.

Mr Rogers told a local reporter that he could not share what was discussed but that he came away from the meeting feeling positive.

“Oh I always have hope. Can’t take that away from me,” Mr Rogers said, adding that he believes his son is playing video games somewhere and has no idea about the ongoing search for him.

Dan Gooding29 March 2024 16:08

1711725117

WATCH: Sebastian’s mother said she has been crying for a month

Sebastian Rogers’ mother has been crying ‘on and off for a month’

Dan Gooding29 March 2024 15:11

1711718696

Sebastian’s dad says he is hoping for ‘Easter miracle’

In a new interview on Thursday, Seth Rogers said he was hoping for an Easter miracle, as the search for his son reaches five weeks long.

Wearing a t-shirt with Sebastian’s face on, Mr Rogers described himself as a “walking handout” for a missing persons poster.

“Being a dad,” He said. “Having perseverance, wanting him to come home, wanting to watch him finish growing up.”

Dan Gooding29 March 2024 13:24

1711692647

Sebastian’s mother defends leaving area after son’s disappearance

Katie Proudfoot, mother of missing teenager Sebastian Rogers has defended her decision to leave the area where her son was last seen, shortly after his disappearance.

Ms Proudfoot drove three hours away from her home to meet up with her husband and Sebastian’s stepfather, Chris Proudfoot, but said it was due to having received “threatening and hateful” messages from strangers.

“We are posting fliers every direction we can,” she told Fox and Friends on Thursday morning.

“But at the same time, there were quite a bit of people that were sending some very threatening and hateful messages to us. They’re following us. They’re driving past our house at all hours of the day or night, disturbing the neighborhood, and the neighborhood is very upset and concerned. They’re worried about their safety at this point.”

Ms Proudfoot added that she felt that leaving the neighborhood would help calm things down.

Mike Bedigan29 March 2024 06:10

1711662300

Sebastian’s home was searched ‘at least’ ten times

Police ‘ready to search’ all leads on disappearance of missing teen Sebastian Rogers

Mike Bedigan28 March 2024 21:45

1711659600

The story so far: Frantic searches and emotional interviews

From a pond being drained, to a reward for information and a mother’s tearful interview, the search for Sebastian has now passed the one-month mark.

Here is a rundown of the story so far:

Mike Bedigan28 March 2024 21:00

1711656900

A month-long Amber Alert

It’s a month since the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation posted this to its X account, announcing that an Amber Alert had been issued for Sebastian Rogers.

Mike Bedigan28 March 2024 20:15

1711653300

Third of autistic kids who wander are trying to escape stressful situation

An autism expert has explained that Sebastian’s special needs would likely be affecting him greatly.

Speaking to Nancy Grace, Courtney Lasky from Little Stars Therapy said that children typically have deficits with communication and social skills.

“If, in fact, he is with someone else who does not know him well, that would be entirely out of his routine, he could be engaging in behaviours which he has not engaged in before, he could be looking for an escape, a way to get out of those adverse situations,” Ms Lasky said.

She added that not every autistic child will wander, but that 36% of those who do are doing so to get away from a stressful or difficult situation.

Mike Bedigan28 March 2024 19:15

Source link

Denial of responsibility! NewsConcerns is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a Comment