Russia-Ukraine war live: Nato ministers discuss stepping up support for Kyiv | Ukraine

Key events

Poland is currently organising its 45th package of aid for Ukraine, the country’s foreign minister said today, Reuters reported.

“Poland has sent 44 packages of aid to Ukraine, we are now organising our 45th… we think we’ve contributed in military assistance alone around 4 billion euros,” Radek Sikorski told reporters in Prague.

Share

Nato ministers discuss stepping up support for Ukraine

Hello, we are restarting our live coverage of the war in Ukraine.

Speaking as Nato ministers gather for talks in Prague, the alliance’s secretary-general, Jens Stoltenberg, said this morning that allies will address how to sustain and step up support for Kyiv.

Allies have provided unprecedented support to Ukraine. Just last week Belgium announced 30 more F-16s and Spain and Sweden announced new packages of more than one billion euros each for air defence, for artillery and for other important equipment for Ukraine. These and other announcements come on top of the US decision of 61 billion extra US dollars for Ukraine.

But we will address how to make sure we sustain and step up our support for Ukraine and I have proposed that NATO should play a bigger role in the coordination and supply of security assistance and training for Ukraine.

I also proposed a multi-air financial pledge to ensure more accountability and predictability in the support we provide to Ukraine because we need to make sure that Moscow understands that we are prepared for the long haul in our support for Ukraine.

Share

4 killed in Russian missile attack on Kharkiv

Four people have been killed and 25 injured in Russian missile attacks overnight in Kharkiv, Ukrinform reports.

The regional governor, Oleh Syniehubov, said “unfortunately, another body was found in the destroyed building. At this time, there are four dead.”

Rescuers work at a site of a residential building hit by a Russian missile strike, amid Russia’s attack on Ukraine, in Kharkiv, May 31. Photograph: Vyacheslav Madiyevskyy/Reuters
Share

Source link

Denial of responsibility! NewsConcerns is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a Comment