Article content
A 58-year-old man has been arrested for a break-and-enter and assault at an apartment in the city’s east end last week.
Article content
Toronto Police say officers responded to a break-and-enter call near Broadview and Danforth Aves. around 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday.
Article content
A man entered a residential apartment and allegedly assaulted the occupant when the person tried to leave, police said.
The assailant then fled the scene.
Police have said it’s believed the two people involved are known to each other.
Recommended from Editorial
-
Unidentified man sought for 2023 assault in city’s Entertainment District
-
Two charged, third sought in visa and immigration scam targeting Iranian-Canadians
-
Man accused of murdering Toronto teacher, 64, in Woodbridge home
Investigators subsequently identified William John De Beaulieu as a suspect and released an image of the wanted man on Thursday hoping members of the public could help track him down.
De Beaulieu was located and arrested on Friday afternoon, police announced Saturday.
The Toronto man is charged with break-and-enter with intent, forcible confinement, assault, assault with a weapon, four counts of failure to comply with an undertaking, and two counts of failure to comply with release order.
Share this article in your social network