Bishop’s incredible message to teenager who allegedly committed terrorist act at Western Sydney church

The bishop stabbed during an alleged terror act earlier this month, has shared an incredible message to his attacker as he returned to his church after spending more than a week in hospital.

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel was stabbed during a livestreamed sermon at Christ the Good Shepherd Church in Wakeley on Monday, April 15.

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Western Sydney bishop returns to church.

Newsletters: Breaking news as it happens. Subscribe now Subscribe now

A 16-year-old was arrested and charged over the stabbing and is accused of travelling 90 minutes from his home to the church to carry it out.

The bishop was greeted with a standing ovation as he returned on Sunday for his first service at the church since the attack.

“This young man who did this act almost two weeks ago I say to you … my dear, you are my son, and you will always be my son,” he said during the sermon.

“In the name of my Jesus, I forgive you, I love you, and I will always pray for you.”

Emmanuel fronted the church wearing an eye patch after he suffered serious injuries in the stabbing.

He added he was indebted to those who had offered best wishes and love since the attack.

Meanwhile, six boys, aged 14 to 17, have been charged following 13 raids at homes across Sydney and a week-long investigation into a group allegedly adhering to religiously motivated violent extremist ideology.

Police will allege the group was planning a future event, NSW Police Commissioner Karen Webb said.

It was concerning some of the teenagers arrested had images of beheadings on their phones, she said.

Police are also still searching for another six men captured on video outside the Christ the Good Shepherd Church during a riot following the stabbing, in which dozens of officers were injured and 51 police vehicles damaged.

Investigators say involved 2000 people were involved in the violent melee.

Eight men have since been charged over the riot and remain before the courts.

The men were being targeted by detectives due to the “violent and aggressive nature of their actions”, Superintendent Andrew Evans said on Friday.

– With AAP

Source link

Denial of responsibility! NewsConcerns is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a Comment