Article content
Aaron Rodgers is attempting to set the record straight in the wake of a report that the future Pro Football Hall of Famer allegedly floated conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
Article content
Rodgers went on X on Thursday to try to clear up his feelings about the tragedy.
Article content
“As I’m on the record saying in the past, what happened in Sandy Hook was an absolute tragedy. I am not and have never been of the opinion that the events did not take place. Again, I hope that we learn from this and other tragedies to identify the signs that will allow us to prevent unnecessary loss of life. My thoughts and prayers continue to remain with the families affected along with the entire Sandy Hook community,” Rodgers posted.
Recommended from Editorial
-
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. eyes Aaron Rodgers, Jesse Ventura as running mate
-
‘OUT OF CONTEXT’: Aaron Rodgers doubles down on Jimmy Kimmel-Jeffrey Epstein comments
CNN reported earlier that Rodgers had allegedly said in private conversations he believed the shooting was staged.
CNN reporter Pamela Brown said in the story that she had an interaction with Rodgers at the Kentucky Derby in 2013, in which he allegedly expressed a belief that the Sandy Hook massacre was “actually a government inside job and the media was intentionally ignoring it.”
The report said there was at least one other individual with whom Rodgers had allegedly shared conspiracy theories regarding Sandy Hook, according to the New York Post.
The shooting at the school resulted in the deaths of 26 people, including 20 children.
Article content
Rodgers is reportedly in the running to be independent Robert F. Kennedy’s vice-president pick for his presidential campaign.
Rodgers’ friend Pat McAfee said Rodgers was on a retreat to use the psychedelic drug ayahuasca in Costa Rica when the news linking him to Kennedy came out.
RECOMMENDED VIDEO
Share this article in your social network