Baltimore bridge collapse: Criminal investigation underway

The ship crash that destroyed the Baltimore Key Bridge and left several people dead is now under federal criminal investigation, according to a US official familiar with the matter.

The FBI and the U.S. Coast Guard are leading the criminal investigation into the disaster and whether the crew failed to report an earlier issue with the vessel that delayed its departure, the official said.

The Washington Post first reported the investigation.

The bridge collapsed around 1:30 a.m. March 26 after a massive cargo ship called the Dali lost power and struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge.

Baltimore bridge collapse: Criminal investigation underwayWreckage of the Francis Scott Key Bridge rests on the container ship Dali, as President Joe Biden takes an aerial tour of the collapsed Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, Friday, April 5, 2024, as seen from an accompanying aircraft. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)

Six construction workers who were repairing potholes on the bridge plunged into the Patapsco River and died.

The National Transportation Safety Board has been investigating what caused the disaster. The probe has been focused on engine room equipment, the NTSB said last week.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

Source link

Denial of responsibility! NewsConcerns is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a Comment