Two teenagers arrested on suspicion of killing two 16-year-old boys in London | UK news

0

Two teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of murdering two 16-year-old boys stabbed to death just a mile apart in south-east London, police have said.

Kearne Solanke was knifed in Titmuss Avenue, Thamesmead, and Charlie Bartolo was found in Sewell Road, Abbey Wood, on Saturday.

The Metropolitan police said a 16-year-old boy had been arrested on Tuesday and a 15-year-old boy later in the day.

They were detained on suspicion of both murders and remain in custody, the force said.

Another 16-year-old boy who was arrested on Sunday, also on suspicion of both murders, has been released on bail pending further inquiries.

He is due back in a south London police station in February next year, according to the Met.

DCI Kate Blackburn, from the Met’s specialist crime command, said: “My officers are working around the clock to establish the circumstances of these senseless murders and to find those responsible.

“We remain in close contact with the families of Kearne and Charlie and are keeping them updated with developments as the investigation progresses.”

Blackburn said the Met had set up a facility allowing members of the public to send information direct to the investigation.

She said officers were aware of material posted online relating to the murders and urged anyone who was in the area on the night in question to come forward.

The Met were called at about 5.10pm on Saturday to reports that people had been injured at both locations. Both boys were pronounced dead.

Several teenage boys laid flowers by the police cordon in Titmuss Avenue, where a forensics tent could be seen by some knocked over dustbins.

Officers later cordoned off a black Nissan and one said it was a “car of interest” in the investigation.

Blackburn said the vehicle was being held by police but officers wanted to speak to anyone who saw it being driven locally.

“Information you provide could help us bring justice for these young boys and their families,” she said.

Source link

Denial of responsibility! NewsConcerns is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@newsconcerns.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment